The Lord Nelson Hotel & Suites is an iconic downtown Halifax landmark currently undergoing an extensive uplift and urbanely elegant transformation. We are seeking a talented and creative superstar to join our team as Catering Manager.
Working collaboratively with a strong support team the new Catering Manager will be responsible for initiating, negotiating and coordinating contracts for new and existing hotel business, with a key focus of maximizing revenue by building relationships on value based, superlative customer service.
- Prospect catering and meeting opportunities, provide market analyses
- Participate in tradeshows, trade association meetings, networking events and training
- Develop and initiatiate new programs, products and services. Elevate standards
- Negotiate, coordinate and manage all function details for corporate and social events pre and post event
- Ensure proper utilization of function space and menus to maximum revenues
- Conduct on-site tours, organize and attend Client menu tastings
- Ensure seamless service including on-site event presence as key customer liaison
- Meet daily with Operations Team to review and communicate event details and requirements
- Report Weekly/Monthly Financial Forecasts
- Luxury hotel Sales/Catering/Conference Services preferred (minimum of 3 years)
- Confident individual with exceptional interpersonal skills and knowledge of premium customer service practices
- Impeccable communication skills – both verbal and written
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel and Powerpoint), Social Media Platforms and other database systems
- Maintain a flexible schedule to meet the business needs of a 24/7 hotel environment, including weekends, evenings and holidays.
Please clearly demonstrate in your cover letter/resume how you meet the above requirements. We thank all who apply, only those who have been selected for further consideration will be contacted.
No phone calls please. Forward resume via email attention Lesa Griffin, General Manager, The Lord Nelson Hotel & Suites, firstname.lastname@example.org