The Lord Nelson Hotel & Suites, managed by Universal Realty Group, is a downtown Halifax landmark destination that has recently completed a multi-million-dollar uplift and elegant transformation.
We are seeking a talented and creative individual to join our team as Guest Services Agent
The Guest Services Agent represents the hotel to our guests throughout all aspects of their stay at the Lord Nelson Hotel & Suites and provides the highest level of satisfaction by providing superior customer service. The Guest Services Agent assists the guest with the check-in/check-out process and whenever possible goes above and beyond to accommodate any special requests.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
- Assist guests with the check-in/check-out process by assigning rooms, taking payment, and accommodating any special requests/requirements
- Is familiar with all room types, locations, and room rates available to guests as well as all hotel services
- Coordinate room status and updates with the Housekeeping department
- Maintain and supervise access to all safe deposit boxes
- Has an understanding of how to use all front office equipment
- Perform cashier related functions including, but not limited to, posting guest charges, invoice settlement, and currency exchanges
- Communicate guest room deficiencies as indicated by hotel guests
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of hotel guests and pertinent hotel information
- Must have comprehensive understanding of hotel emergency procedures
- Flexible and able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Understands the challenges that are present in an afterhours/overnight shift
- Organized and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment while being able to manage a changing workload and meet tight deadlines
- Possess an understanding of the reservations department
The Lord Nelson Hotel recognizes our employees as an essential resource and value workers of all ages. We offer excellent opportunities for career growth, medical benefits, and incentives.
To express your interest in this position, please forward your resume to:
Colin Slauenwhite, Front Office Manager
No phone calls please.