The Lord Nelson Hotel & Suites, managed by Universal Realty Group, is a downtown Halifax landmark destination that has recently completed a multi-million-dollar uplift and elegant transformation.
We are seeking a talented and creative individual to join our team as Guest Services Manager.
This position requires a dynamic, highly organized, self-motivated team player who can best represent and lead the mission and vision of the Company in this role, ensure the delivery of total guest satisfaction as measured through guest experience, established key performance indicators and other established criteria are paramount
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
- Daily upselling goals to achieve maximum revenues for the day
- Train and supervise all staff and complete scheduling
- Ensure timely and accurate customer service
- Handle guest complaints and troubleshoot emergencies
- Revenue generation, maximizing profitability and cost control are additional key areas of focus
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as a Front Desk Manager or Front Desk Supervisor
- Knowledge of property management systems an asset
- Enthusiastic, professional and continually demonstrate and encourage service excellence.
- Fluent with Microsoft Office products and all Hotel operating systems
- Experience in guest services are required
- Excellent and highly effective communications skills. Interaction with both internal & external guests will be priority
- Duty management experience is required and availability to work some weekends and/or evening shifts
The Lord Nelson Hotel recognizes our employees as an essential resource and value workers of all ages. We offer excellent opportunities for career growth, medical benefits, and incentives.
To express your interest in this position, please forward your resume to:
Lesa Griffin - General Manager, Lord Nelson Hotel & Suites
No phone calls please.