The Lord Nelson Hotel & Suites, managed by Universal Realty Group, is a downtown Halifax landmark destination that has recently completed a multi-million-dollar uplift and elegant transformation.
We are seeking a talented individual to join our team as Hotel Accountant.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
- Oversee company’s corporate accounting function
- Prepare and report on company financials
- Review costs and develop strategies to improve profit
- Monitor and manage hotel’s budget and business development
- Provide financial guidance to management and track employee expenses
- Perform audits on overall hotel operations, including credit card statements and bank accounts
- Monitor financial policies, practices and procedures of the operation
- Manage other accounting, finance, and special project responsibilities as required
- Minimum 5-years hotel experience
- Strong work ethic and integrity
- Proven experience in Microsoft Office, Excel, and OneNote
- Strong organization, attention to detail and time management skills
- Experience with reconciling and analyzing financial data
- Demonstrated ability to identify and resolve problems
The Lord Nelson Hotel & Suites recognizes our employees as an essential resource and value workers of all ages. We offer excellent opportunities for career growth, medical benefits, and incentives.
To express your interest in this position, please forward your resume to:
John McCulloch, Chief Financial Officer
firstname.lastname@example.org, or fax (902) 429-9952
No phone calls please