The Lord Nelson Hotel & Suites is an iconic downtown Halifax travel destination currently undergoing an extensive uplift and urbanely elegant transformation. We are seeking a talented and creative individual to join our team as Hotel Controller.
As a strategic financial business leader you will provide financial expertise to help us consistently provide a brand experience that reflects our philosophy of Serving Excellence. With a focus of maximizing return on investment you will assist with the execution of a financial plan that is aligned with our business strategy and implement accounting activities that deliver desirable financial results.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
- Oversee company’s corporate accounting function
- Prepare and report company financials
- Review costs and develop strategies to improve profit
- Analyze financial data and market trends
- Assist business development with planning and budgeting
- Provide financial guidance to management
- Monitor financial policies, practices and procedures of the operation
- Ensure necessary internal controls to safeguard the company’s assets
- Track and manage expense claims
- Manage other accounting, finance, and special project responsibilities as required
- Completion of a recognized accounting designation
- Minimum 5 years hotel experience
- Strong work ethic and integrity
- Proven experience in Excel, and OneNote
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Experience with reconciling and analyzing financial data
- Demonstrated ability to identify and resolve problems
You are driven and dedicated with a minimum of five years’ hotel accounting experience and post-secondary education in this field. Your track record and accomplishments reflect your superior attention to detail and problem resolution skills.
Additionally you possess a calm and diplomatic communication style with confidence in your ability to handle a fast-paced and dynamic environment. Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel is required.
Please forward your résumé to: