The Lord Nelson Hotel and Suites is looking for a Housekeeping Supervisor to join our team!
The Supervisor is responsible for coordinating daily housekeeping operations and maintaining housekeeping operating standards as outlined by The Lord Nelson Hotel & Suites. The supervisor is also responsible for overseeing room attendants and ensuring the delivery of excellent guest satisfaction and experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise and assist a team of room attendants, laundry attendants, and housemen
- Daily allocation of rooms and deep cleaning tasks
- Check occupied and departure rooms to ensure they have been cleaned to the expected standards as outlined by The Lord Nelson Hotel & Suites
- Routine inspection of guest rooms in order to identify deficiencies, areas of attention, and that all guestrooms meet hotel standards
- Manage guest requests, including additional amenities, VIP requirements, etc. Ensuring all relevant information is passed along to the appropriate team members
- Know and understand all room categories, classes, and types. Including cleaning requirements, amenities, and layout
- Work with the Executive Housekeeping Manager to address any and all guest queries, concerns, and complaints, achieving positive outcomes in a timely and efficient manner
- Communicate with the maintenance department in order to identify maintenance deficiencies
- Two (2) years’ experience in a managing entry-level employees
- Professional attitude and the ability to follow instruction required
- Detail oriented and the ability to work independently
- Must speak, understand, and write fluently in English. Bilingualism is an asset
- Experience working in a fast-paced Hotel setting is preferred
- Previous hotel experience preferred
- Flexible and able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays
The Lord Nelson Hotel recognizes our employees as an essential resource and value workers of all ages. We offer excellent opportunities for career growth, medical benefits, and incentives.
To express your interest in this position, please forward your resume to:
Elissa Jestings – Human Resources
No phone calls please.