The Lord Nelson Hotel & Suites, managed by Universal Realty Group, is a downtown Halifax landmark destination that has recently completed a multi-million-dollar uplift and elegant transformation.
We are seeking a talented and creative individual to join our team as Houseperson.
The Houseperson performs routine cleaning and servicing of public areas under the supervision of the housekeeping supervisors as well as meeting/function space set ups. Room Attendants promote a positive image of the hotel to guest while proving pleasant, honest, friendly, and unparalleled service to our guests.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Cleans rugs, carpets and upholstered furniture using a vacuum cleaner, broom and carpet shampoo machine
- Clean meeting spaces, hallways, and restrooms
- Washes walls and ceilings, moves furniture and turns mattress’
- Dusts and polishes metalwork
- Collects soiled linen for laundering
- Walks assigned floors at the beginning and end of shift to ensure cleanliness and remove excess debris, housekeeping items, etc.
- Ensure security of guest rooms and guest privacy
- Deliver towels, cribs, cots, and other items to guests rooms upon guest request
- Responsible for the cleanliness and maintenance of work area. This includes but is not limited to, maintaining the organization of storage closets, and ensuring par stock of guest amenities for following shift
- Responsible for offering excellent customer service/interaction in order to provide the best possible guest experience for all hotel customers
- Stock room attendant closets with linens and guest amenities and supplies
- Assist housekeeping employees with any heavy lifting
- Must be able to work independently and as a team player
- Must have comprehensive understanding of hotel emergency procedures
- Other tasks as assigned
- Professional attitude and the ability to follow instruction required
- Physical mobility and stamina required
- Detail oriented and the ability to work independently
- Must speak, understand, and write fluently in English. Bilingualism is an asset
- Experience working in a fast paced Hotel setting is preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
The Ideal Candidate:
- Previous hotel experience preferred
- Flexible and able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Understands the challenges that are present in a housekeeping position
- Organized and able to thrive in a fast paced environment while being able to manage a changing workload and meet tight deadlines
The Lord Nelson Hotel recognizes our employees as an essential resource and value workers of all ages. We offer excellent opportunities for career growth, medical benefits, and incentives.
To express your interest in this position, please forward your resume to:
Elissa Jestings, Human Resources
No phone calls please.