The Houseperson performs routine cleaning and servicing of public areas under the supervision of the Housekeeping Supervisors, as well as meeting/function space set ups. Housepersons promote a positive image of the hotel to guests while providing pleasant, honest, friendly, and unparalleled service to our guests.
- Dust and polish metalwork
- Collect soiled linen for laundering
- Walk assigned floors at the beginning and end of shift to ensure cleanliness and remove excess debris, housekeeping items, etc.
- Maintain a clean environment for our guests including, but not limited to carpet care, window washing, table cleaning, cleaning chairs, and other cleaning projects as assigned by Manager
- Assist guests with package handling as needed
- Set function space according to Banquet Event Order, Diagram or as instructed by Manager
- Assist with basic A/V set up (in house music, screens, HDMI cables etc.)
- Maintain Banquet Equipment
- Maintain Front of House Function Space, including cleaning stains from walls, baseboards etc.
- Maintain a clean and organized back-of-house work area, sweep and mop as needed, properly returning products to designated areas after use
- Display appropriate two-way radio etiquette at all times
- Ensure security of guest rooms and guest privacy
- Deliver amenities such as towels, cribs, cots, and other items to guest rooms upon guest request
- Responsible for the cleanliness and maintenance of work area. This includes but is not limited to maintaining the organization of storage closets, and ensuring par stock of guest amenities for following shift
- Responsible for offering excellent customer service/interaction in order to provide the best possible guest experience for all hotel customers
- Stock room attendant closets with guest amenities and supplies
- Assist housekeeping employees with any heavy lifting
- Report any maintenance or security concerns to the appropriate department
- Must be able to work independently and as a team player
- Must have comprehensive understanding of hotel emergency procedures
- Follow all safety and security procedures
- Follow safety guidelines set for moving and lifting equipment
- Maintain awareness of hotel finishes and wares while working with equipment – example: door moldings, doors, wallpaper, carpet, table finishes, etc.
- Other tasks as assigned
- Professional attitude and the ability to follow instruction required
- Ability to work under pressure and under tight deadlines
- Physical mobility and stamina required
- Detail oriented and the ability to work independently
- Understanding of catering operations and flow.
- Must speak, understand, and write fluently in English. Bilingualism is an asset
- Experience working in a fast-paced Hotel setting is preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $15.82 per hour
Benefits: • Dental care • Extended health care • On-site parking • RRSP match
Schedule: • 8-hour shifts • Holiday and weekend availability
APPLY TODAY: To apply for this position, please send along your résumé to the attention of Cariane Parisien, Human Resources Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org with the position title noted in the subject line.